Thursday, May 21, 2009

My first Tournament at the Brass Rail

On Tuesday I entered the first non-APA tournament I've ever been in. I was there physically, but not mentally and it showed. There must have been 26 players entered in the $5 entry fee, pot-matched plus $100 double-elimination tournament.

I played two matches and really only ever got in stroke in my 4th, and last, game. In my last game I was actually putting a good run together and managed to get the side pocket position I was going for with a nice draw shot to line up my last object ball - but missed my shot in the corner! Hit it a tad too hard and it rattled out. The other players were terrific and I enjoyed sipping my water and watching the other matches.

A couple of the shooters were from another team from the Tuesday night APA league I play in so I spent some time talking to them. I'll definitely try the tournament again when I get a chance, and recommend it to anyone looking to play against some of the best players in the KC area.

I have been going to Brass Rail during my lunch breaks to hit a few racks and have noticed some improvements in my stroke and my shot selections, two things I definitely need to improve.

Well, that's all for now. Good luck in all your pool shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment