Saturday, May 16, 2009

Preparing for the City Tournament

This week we had our last Spring session match and I am now trying to prepare for the City Tournament May 28th - May 31st. The top two teams from the tournament will represent the APA Northland League in the team championships in Las Vegas.

Two, non-pool related, preparations I know I need are to get plenty of sleep and to build my stamina. I have noticed that the later my match is and the more tired I am the worse I seem to do. I actually stroke the cue ball harder than I normally would. Also, during the double-elimination events such as the Top Gun tournament, I tend to sit for long periods of time and end up cooling off and am not able to play effectively.

So, I need plenty of sleep and I need to exercise to build up my stamina. I also need to play more pool! This week I managed to make it to Brass Rail for lunch-time practice every day. I noticed that towards the end of each practice session I am not as good as when I first start.

I also realized that I need to play against better players and in competitive environments so I have decided to try my hand at the Tuesday 8-ball tournaments at Brass Rail. These events are $5 entry fee and Brass Rail matches the pot plus throws in an extra $100. I'll let you know how I do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment